Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Places in Kentucky

Last Spring at the Southern Kentucky Book Fest, I picked up a copy of this book

Connor loved it and quickly decided on the one place he just HAD to visit this summer: THE LOUISVILLE SLUGGER MUSEUM.

It was almost the only thing he talked about the entire month of June. We finally made the trip last week with some good friends who aren't even real baseball fans. We ran into construction and made a wrong turn or two along the way but enjoyed our selves just the same.  

 Connor enjoyed the factory tour (NO PICTURE TAKING ALLOWED!)  and the museum tour of memorabilia and wax statues. He got to pose with some artifacts. What fun!!
 Jennifer really enjoyed the Norman Rockwell art display....once again NO PICTURES ALLOWED. Dylan couldn't wait to get a look at the Galvanized Glove. Here is a shot of the boys and the glove looking down from the 2nd floor. Pretty neat stuff.

 We also enjoyed the batting cages. I even took a turn. The attendant asked whether I wanted baseballs or softballs. Softballs. He then wanted to know if I wanted fast pitch or slow pitch. Slow pitch. He gave me a quizzical look. I might be showing my age, but when I played softball, we still played slow pitch. Considering it had been so looooooooong since I picked up a bat, I didn't do too terribly.


 I had such a good time in the cages, I was able to convince Jennifer to give it a try. HARD TO BELIEVE!! 
 The attendant gave her a few pointers and in she went. She even made contact and hit a few. Dylan would not be persuaded to give the cages a try. He just wasn't interested.

After a quick trip to the gift shop and a loooooooooooooong drive out of the way, we finally made it home. We had a good time and can cross the Slugger Museum off the list of 101 Places to visit in Kentucky.

Until next time,
Amy

1 comment: