Monday, June 15, 2009

Making a Difference

I believe it is important not only to teach my children about giving back to my community but to actually attempt to make a difference. When Connor was in the first grade his school hosted a blood drive and each student that brought in an adult to donate received a prize. That was my first time to donate blood. Today the American Red Cross hosted a blood drive here in town. My friend, Pam, and I headed on over. She went to get the swabs done to determine if she might be a blood marrow donor match for a little boy in her family. I went to donate blood because I have O postitive. Not sure if either of us will be matches for anyone but we tried. Wouldn't you want there to be a match for you child if they needed it?
Only my third time to make a donation to the American Red Cross.

Pam's first donation to the American Red Cross.


The American Red Cross is always in need of blood. Don't hesitate to take a few minutes and make a donation that could save someone's life. Donate today!! A few minutes of you time today, tomorrow or even the next day could make a real difference to someone else!!

No comments:

Post a Comment