Saturday, April 2, 2011

Spring Break 2011

I love my children and my husband dearly, but there comes a time when you just need to get away. You know, do something for yourself. This is it. It is Spring Break 2011 and I'm in Gulf Shores with some friends. Right now all is quite. They're all sleeping. Me, I'm the morning person of the bunch but I'm not complaining. When I finish here I plan on grabbing my book and heading out to the balcony. There is nothing as peaceful to me as reading with the sound of the ocean in the background.


I promised my boys that while I was gone I would skype with them each day and update the blog so that they could check in on what we were doing. Yesterday was our first day here. We had to grab the groceries and rest up from the late night drive. We hit the beach around lunch time and stayed until early afternoon. The sun was out, the temperature was warm, the water was frigid and the wind was blowing (hard). That said, you can imagine we all got some sun. Me, I use sunscreen and take a little jabbing from the others because of it. However, over the years I have learned that without it, the rest of my stay could be very uncomfortable. As it is, I used the sunscreen and because it was the spray kind, I missed a few spots with the help of the wind and am very RED in a few places. I'll have to plan strategically today when I decide what suit to wear.

For dinner last night we headed out to Mikee's for dinner. It was fabulous. Shrimp, scallops, new potatoes and rice. YUMMY!!! Wish I had taken a picture to share. You would not believe the amount of food. Stuffed would be the best word to describe us all when we left.



On the agenda today:
  • more beach time
  • more reading and relaxing
  • some shopping at the outlet mall
  • dinner at Lambert's
  • another skype call with the family
  • more reading and relaxing
  • more reading and relaxing
Until next time,




No comments:

Post a Comment