Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Spring in Kentucky

It's spring in Kentucky and with the variety of weather comes state accountability testing!!! We have completed our third day of testing and tomorrow will finish the fourth. Next week we will test for three days and another two days the following week. Testing isn't supposed to be as hard on the teachers as it is the students but it really is. It's only 7:40 pm and I'm ready to call it a night. Oh well, it's part of my job.

Keaton had his first behavior observation this afternoon. Still not sure how I feel about it all. His doctor recommended behavior therapy in addition to the medications he takes. It took a while be we found an agency and finally got the ball rolling so to speak. One of the ladies is coming to the house for an observation next week. I'm not really comfortable with strangers coming into our home and just watching us. (or at least I'm sure that's how it will feel) In the end, if some of Keaton's behaviors can be better managed, it will be worth it. I hate to say it but some days I just wish things were normal.....but you know what? They are normal, at least normal for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment